I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

2.04.2009

Be all you can be!

When I was younger, I tried to be everything I can. I wanted to follow the footsteps of my mother who called herself "a jack of all trades, master of none". Like her, I tried to be a good cook, baker, dancer, singer, actress, painter, artist, writer and more, though her achievements in some of those areas mentioned were on a professional level. On the other hand, my profession was focused in Information Technology until I handled the computerization of my employer's medical department meaning I had to focus on two entirely different fields of study. Because of that, I failed to gain enough expertise in a specialized area in IT, which I believe is the main reason, aside from my age, why it is hard for me to land in another IT job. I then realized that there is a disadvantage in being a jack of all trades and master of none.

From a different perspective however, I and the rest of "jacks-of-all-trades" should be very thankful for their God-given talents. God must have a purpose but at this very moment I'm wondering if I need those talents just to relay His message to mankind, the main reason why this blog was created. I have a small book by John Maxwell titled "Be All You Can Be!", but there were just a few pages that I've read so far. It tells about a much deeper meaning of being all what you can be, and that is the challenge to stretch to your God-given potentials. I am now again wondering if I will need all those potentials to take care of a special child, which came after His message. Maybe a bigger challenge will come and maybe God has given me gifts that are more important than those talents that I can show off. Maybe I can be more patient, more generous and more compassionate. Believe me or not, I've thought about that only while typing the last two sentences before that.

Now I get the point. "Be All You Can Be!" includes everything you can be, and you have to stretch yourself every time until it becomes easy and you are able to stretch again. With a special child beside me, maybe I am more patient now and more persevering, but those qualities can still be stretched far. I believe that is what the trials and unexpected undesirable events that we encounter, are for.

No comments: