I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

11.07.2008

Goal Setting

Yesterday, our team in Tiens had an unexpected goal setting. Since we were not able to prepare for this exercise, we were not so sure if the goals we've set were realistic enough. But I like this exercise because I'm used to this. It was more difficult when I was an officer in a Toastmasters Club because I was one of the people trying to convince or motivate the members to deliver speeches so that the goals of our club for the year are met (from July to June of the following year).

I found a very appropriate article in "The Heart of a Leader" that can explain why I like goal setting exercises. The article says

All good performance starts with clear goals.

The article further explains: An important way to motivate your people is to make sure they know where they are going. See that each person's goals are clearly defined and he or she knows what good performance looks like. This will give them a clear focus for their energy and put them on the road to becoming high performing, empowered producers.

No comments: