I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

5.13.2008

Mom's Greatest Legacy

Whenever I read my previous post about my Mom, it seems unfinished. How could I forget her most important legacy to us her children?

Mom sings to the flowers, no wonder some were even taller than her as shown on the picture in my previous post. If ever there was a value our Mom had consistently exposed us to, it is compassion to all living things. People loved her because they were always welcome in her home. She treated her domestic helpers like her own relatives. That was why one of them would always come to our house every Christmas season to visit her in case she’s spending her Christmas in the Philippines. Her name is Emily and is living comfortably with her own family but she would jokingly say “I should have asked “Mommy” to adopt me!”.

I have committed to contribute a post about human rights on May 15 and it touches on adoption. Thanks to my Mom’s legacy, adoption was easily accepted to our family. With this addendum about her greatest legacy, people will now understand why without any second thought, I adopted a special child.

I love you Mom!


No comments: