I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

5.09.2008

My First Idol and Inspiration


I got a comment from my post “House Painting Turned Into A Hobby” that I am already an expert. Not really, it’s just that I have the confidence of an expert since I’ve learned to paint the house when I was still in high school. It was my mother who taught me how. It was also my mother who was the first to expose me to the field of arts by sketching my portrait when I was a child. Because of that, I discovered that I also have a talent for sketching, especially portraits.

In one of my March posts in this blog, Dreams List, included was to be an announcer or an emcee, not because I really wanted to be one, but because I wanted to experience even just for a while, the job of my mother as a radio announcer and drama talent. I was her avid fan then and I idolized her.

The trophy of my mother as the “Most Valuable Employee” from one of her last employers in Manila had inspired me to always work hard. I longed to get a similar trophy but I knew it was impossible because my longest employment was in the biggest corporation in the Philippines.

Just recently, my mother took up a Medical Assistant course (Medical Transcription in other countries), and she was the valedictorian in her class. When it comes to learning new skills, my mother had always been my inspiration. “She’s already 70. If she can do it, I can do it!”, I would always tell myself.

Last year, my mother’s poem "Soldier, Soldier", got an “Editor’s Choice” award from Poetry.com and the International Library of Poetry. Maybe I can also try to make a poem though I’ve already made one in Filipino, but I can also stop trying to accomplish whatever my mother has accomplished. Her award is enough to inspire me to try to also get an award from blogging. Whenever I wonder how I can do that, I always end up with a mental block (hahaha).

Well, whatever I had fulfilled in life, I owe to my parents. I had tried to follow their good examples though of course, they have talents that cannot be copied by anybody, and I also have my own unique talents.


The photo shown is my reproduction of one of my favorite photos of my mother because she was at the midst of her product of labor, her garden at her former house in Washington State. The first photo of flowers was freshly taken at SM Megamall in Manila using my cellphone. It is something I’d like to give my Mom this coming Mother’s Day if she’ll be here, but of course that is impossible since that will already be tomorrow here in Manila.


Thank you for everything Mom, and HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your mother must be a very talented, special woman. this is a nice post you have here.

HotMomma