I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

9.28.2008

My blogging story

This is my 50th post and I'm approaching my seventh month of blogging! It would probably be nice to look back on how I started to blog.

And this is my blogging story: I was desperately waiting for a regular job that I'm expecting to get until it seemed hopeless. Until I thought I can probably find a way to earn through online data entry and found several sites that will provide me with opportunities for such jobs but the sites required either a monthly subscription fee or a one time payment so I decided to forget about it. During one of our meetings with our coffee kiosk business partner whom we've sold our share of the business, our partner told me about his friend who was already earning by blogging about just one topic. He said there are sites that will teach me how to do that and all they require is just a one time payment. So I looked for those sites again, found one where I paid US$40 I think, which led me to this site of Blogger by Google.

Blogger provided all the tutorials and tips in blogging, and that was how I learned to start a blog. I also learned that monetizing a blog can be done later and what's more important is a blog's contents, so I decided to create a personal blog because there is just a lot to share. I realized that a blog can be the best medium for me to share a message of God to mankind, a task I've been holding for years because I just can't find the right way. I was hesitant at first until after several posts in my blog and also reading other blogs, I gained the confidence even to repeat the message in an indirect manner, maybe like what I'm doing now.

This blog was first titled "My Retirement", but it seemed that it was psychologically affecting me in a negative manner, so I woke up one morning saying "I don't want to retire!". I had just a few post then so I thought maybe it is not yet late to change the title of this blog, so I changed it!

"I Don't Want To Retire!" makes me feel energized all the time, that I always have to move to make the remaining years of my life worth living. I'm still young and I may still have at least 20 years more to live. That seems too long for me to retire by now! Of course I can have a vacation once in a while in a serene place, but what is more important is how I can help more people, even just by sharing all the lessons I've learned in life.

While I'm still living, I also need to dream, so I created another blog titled "Dreams List". The nice thing about this blog is it makes me feel that all my dreams will soon be fulfilled!

2 comments:

Blackdove said...

I don't understand. You paid $40 to go to Blogger?

Maria Luisa Taa Venida said...

Yep, I paid that amount to a site (one of those make-money-online sites) that led me to another site, which led me to Blogger. If only I've read the right blogs before, I would know how to go to Blogger without paying anything. May this experience serve as a lesson to future bloggers to first read informative blogs instead of those with controversial issues only.