I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

12.21.2008

My favorite foreign song is a Christmas song

I didn't have any idea that "Frohlocket Ihr Folker auf Erden" is a Christmas song since I can't understand German, until the Christmas season last year. Maybe this is one song I'll always appreciate regardless of the choir who'll sing it, though I was used to the interpretation of Arwin Tan, the conductor of Novo Concertante Manila, and who was also the former conductor of University of Asia and the Pacific Chorale from whom I first heard the song in July 2005.

I am touched whenever I hear this song, I can't explain why until I learned that it was originally sang during the Christmas season. This composition by Mendelssohn exclaims the joy and thanksgiving of the world for He has sent His son for the redemption of mankind.

I'd like to share this version sang by Novo Concertante Manila, during their Thanksgiving concert at the Holy Family Chapel at Kamias, Quezon City, and another one shot last night during the "Merry Novo Christmas" concert of Novo Concertante Manila and friends at the Holy Family Chapel at Eastwood City, also in Quezon City. I used my Sony P72 camera to record the one sang during the Thanksgiving concert and my Samsung U600 cellphone to record the latter, so you'll notice a big technical difference as far as the audio is concerned. I'm happy though that despite the far shot, my Samsung cellphone gave a bright picture.




No comments: