I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

3.10.2008

Miracles Are For Animals Too

About the same time we bought my pet turtle, a baby terrapin we named Wendy, our pet cat named Ping was limping because the whole of his right hind leg was fully stretched on air behind him. The veterinarian said his bone was broken and advised we try to give him Seven Seas multivitamins but cannot promise Ping’s leg will go back to normal. He was given a regular dose of the multivitamins which incidentally was the same brand we were giving Lyca, our special child. After a week, Ping’s leg returned to normal. The veterinarian was surprised with the outcome, she said that it was a rare case so she’s going to present the case to her colleagues (photo of Ping the cat was shot by Lauren Venida).

When I went to Singapore in September last year, I delegated Wendy’s feeding to my daughter and Lyca’s care giver. Maybe I was wrong to make two persons responsible for Wendy’s food because she was probably overfed while I was away. When I arrived home after a week, Wendy wouldn’t eat. I tried other kinds of food but she still wouldn’t eat. She looked sick and wouldn't move so I used rice washing for her pool and would just immerse her there, hoping she would get nourishment from it, but also tried putting a few drops of the Seven Seas multivitamins. She had no improvement after a month, in fact she even became blind. I thought it was hopeless to bring her to the veterinarian since she was dying. Nevertheless, I continued to change her rice washing pool everyday with the multivitamins every other day. That went on for two months until we noticed that she was no longer blind but still wouldn’t eat.

After five months without food except for the pool of rice washing with a few drops of Seven Seas for Wendy, I chanced to buy pellets made in Germany for baby turtles at a pet shop. We were all very happy that Wendy finally liked the food I gave her, so I stopped the rice washing with drops of vitamins. Wendy is now very active and domesticated, trying to reach every person she sees, her long neck stretched to the max.


No comments: