I Dont Want To Retire!

Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.
I aspire to inspire with God's Good News to mankind, health and wellness, and many more.

3.28.2008

Ancient City

Some readers might have noticed that I added digital photos and even changed some. I didn’t expect that the change in the title of this blog and putting more photos will make me more excited! That explains why most blogs have a lot of digital photos inserted. They don’t only attract the readers but also motivate the writers. In my case, “I Don’t Want To Retire!” as a title also makes me more energized and motivates me to share whatever topic I can think of. Probably the real essence of not retiring is not to stop thinking about beautiful ideas and experiences and sharing them.


The photo that I found which can relate to the first item in my “Dreams List”, which is to travel to Greece, reminded me not only of beautiful memories but also of the very rich historical value of the places near the town of Preveza in Greece. The Ancient City of Cassope, for instance, where a photo of the ruins is shown here, was destroyed by the Roman forces in 177-176 B.C. (notice the person afar at the left to give you an idea how far the ruins are from one of the amphitheatres, that are just big white rocks now, where I stood to shoot the photo).




The next photo shows the opposite view from the same amphitheatre, where my daughter Lauren is seated at the photo. At the background is the top of a rock called Stefani near Zalogo Village, about one kilometer from Cassope. The white figures near the cliff of that rock is called “The Monument of Zalogo” or giant sculptures of dancing women symbolizing the 22 Souliotisses women with their children and 6 men who sacrificed themselves by dancing till they fell off the cliff, so as not to be enslaved by the Turks, on December 13, 1803.

When I was a kid, I had wished to go to Greece to see the places of the gods and goddesses of Greek mythology. I didn’t know that a vast learning of the most beautiful war stories in history awaits me if I go to Greece. Watch out for my entry about Nikopolis (Victory City).

No comments: